Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Fool and Time

I think back to the time when life was simple. White would always stay white and black is always black. I look up to the sky and just see, well, the sky. I feel the breeze and think its cold. I look at fire and stay away from it. I see crows and thought they were noisy (well, i still do). I thought girls were icky and boys rule (i still think boys do, but not so much about the former now). I thought the color blue was sign for good and red for evil. But time made sure my thinking change. Not that i changed much. I still think white is still white and black is still black. I now just see more of what the colors appear to me. What it means. Time made sure i get out of my comfortable shell to see the world in a new perspective. And i thank time and experience for that. I'm no more the kid who just knows nothing. I am a fool who knows he knows nothing. And i will remain so. That is not to say won't learn as the years go by. But Knowing nothing only lets you see the endless lessons of everything.

I think back to those times. I was small. Life was simple. And i thank time for making it simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment